When it comes to vegan options, Starbucks isn’t lacking, I tell you. And I’m not just talking about those fancy-schmancy drinks, but also food items. No need to go hungry while sipping your favorite coffee! Let’s have a look at what they got.
Vegan Breakfast Items
Breakfast isn’t just the most important meal of the day, but also the tastiest. Starbucks knows that, and they’ve got some cool vegan options for us early birds. Whether you’re a bagel enthusiast or an oatmeal fan, they’ve got you covered.
- Strawberry Overnight Grains – a delightful mix of steel-cut oats, coconut milk, and strawberries, topped with toasted coconut and chia seeds. Breakfast sorted!
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagel – Don’t let the simplicity fool you; this beast is super filling and full of that classic cinnamon-raisin flavor. Get it with a spread of avocado for an extra kick.
- Hearty Blueberry Oatmeal – Everyone’s favorite oatmeal with a blueberry twist, and don’t forget to ask for it with plant-based milk. You can’t go wrong with this one!
- Impossible Breakfast Sandwich – You must order this without the egg and cheese, but if they have it, you can add a non-dairy cheese slice. It’s still a great choice, trust me.
Vegan Lunch Items
Alright, it’s lunchtime, and you’re at Starbucks. What are the vegan options? Let me tell you, they’ve got some real game players in the lunchtime lineup. A few modifications here and there, and you’re good to go.
- Chickpea Bites and Avocado Protein Box – This healthy combo features chickpea bites, avocado, baby carrots, snap peas, dried fruit, and nut medley with a feisty agave nectar. Don’t miss out!
- Vegan Avocado Spread – A bit of green goodness that can be slathered on any bagel or toast. Simple, yet satisfying.
- Classics like a good old Soy Milk Latte – Ditch the whipped cream and substitute any animal products with vegan versions. Easy peasy, right?
Got the munchies? Fear not; Starbucks has many vegan snacks that’ll do the trick. From sweet to salty, they got it all. Here’s what you can get your hands on:
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs – It’s like a healthier version of cheese puffs, only vegan and packed with protein.
- Mixed Nuts – A classic nosh, good for protein and keeps you feeling full.
- Dark Chocolate Bar – This hits the spot perfectly for sweet tooth recipients.
- Dried Fruit – An easy, healthy snack with cold foam that satisfies the sweet craving without guilt. Why not, right?
Vegan Hot Drinks
There’s nothing like a hot drink on a cold day or any day. And Starbucks, well, they’ve got you covered. There’s plenty to choose from, from coffees to teas and some specialty drinks. So, get ready to sip on some vegan goodness!
- Caffè Americano – Espresso shots topped with hot water. Simple yet satisfying.
- Chai Tea Latte – Spiced black tea blended with steamed milk of your choice. Just ditch the chai concentrate to keep it vegan.
- Steamed Apple Juice – Not a fan of coffee? This steamy, sweet drink might be your cup of tea or juice!
- Frappuccino – Frappuccino is available in different varieties, which include Espresso Frappuccino, Caffe vanilla frappuccino, caramel Frappuccino and more. Some of these drinks even contain frappuccino chips to add more flavor to it.
- Espresso Macchiato – Espresso macchiato is topped with foam and steamed milk. It is an espresso shot that you can make vegan by ordering the non-dairy milk of your choice.
Vegan Cold Drinks
Maybe hot drinks aren’t your thing. Maybe you need something cold to beat the heat. Whichever it is, there’s no shortage of vegan cold drinks at Starbucks. There’s something for everyone, from iced coffee to iced tea and everything in between. So, go ahead and cool off!
- Iced Espresso – Classic, refreshing, and can be made vegan with a non-dairy milk option.
- Iced Caffè Americano – A chilled version of the hot classic, grounded with your choice splash of milk.
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade – A fruity refresher that’s both sweet and tangy.
- Iced teas – Iced teas are sweet and satisfying. Some bestsellers include iced peach green tea, Iced matcha tea latte, and Iced black tea.
- Paradise drink – Starbucks Paradise drink consists of passionfruit, diced pineapples, and creamy coconut milk.
Starbucks Specialty Vegan Drinks
Look here: Starbucks is more than just plain coffee and tea. They got a whole lot of special drinks, right? And guess what? Some of them are vegan-friendly! Isn’t that something? You got your flavored lattes, macchiatos, frappuccinos, and some fruity iced drinks, all without an ounce of dairy. Yup, they use non-dairy milk and syrups for these babies.
And then we got something called Starbucks Refreshers™. These are some special drink options that Starbucks has whipped up. They’re all vegan, meaning you can order them just as they are; there is no need for fussing over substitutions. Isn’t that a relief?
How to Order Vegan Drinks at Starbucks?
Let’s talk about how to get yourself a vegan drink at Starbucks. It isn’t rocket science, but it sure helps to know what to ask for. First off, be clear about what you want. Let them know you’re looking for something vegan. That’ll steer them in the right direction.
Do you want an espresso or maybe something fun and fruity? No problem. They have vegan options for both. Just make sure to specify that you want it vegan. Most baristas know what’s vegan at Starbucks, so they should be able to help you.
Must-Try Vegan Drinks at Starbucks
There are a whole lot of vegan drinks you must try at Starbucks. Let’s start with coffee drinks. You got your regular coffee, which is always vegan. Then you have more fancy options like the iced flat, made with almond or coconut milk. And don’t forget about the Starbucks blonde espresso – it’s a real treat.
But it isn’t just about coffee. You got your fruit bars and your Earl Gray tea, all vegan. Just stay away from anything pumpkin-flavored. I hate to break it to you, but they use animal ingredients in those. So, if you’re looking for a vegan breakfast at Starbucks, stick to the coffee and tea, and maybe grab a fruit bar on the side.
Non-Vegan things to avoid
Now, there are a few things you should steer clear of if you’re trying to stay vegan at Starbucks. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Java chips – not vegan.
- Protein powder – nope, not vegan either.
- Pistachio sauce – sorry, but this one’s a no-go too.
- Chocolate mocha sauce – pains me to say it, but it isn’t vegan.
- Caramel brulee sauce – not your friend if you’re vegan.
- Chai tea concentrate – sad to say, but it’s not vegan.
Sipping & Snacking, the Vegan Way: Tips for Newbies
You’re starting your vegan journey, and Starbucks is on your mind? Here’s some advice:
- Know Your Milks: Almond, soy, and oat milk are often available.
- Ask for No Whipped Cream: Always double-check your order.
- Be Ingredient-Savvy: Some sauces and powders aren’t vegan. When in doubt, ask!
There you go! Ready to make your next Starbucks run a vegan adventure? ☕
Seasonal Sips and Snacks: The Vegan Edition
Starbucks rolls out new seasonal items like clockwork. Whether it’s pumpkin spice in the fall or cherry blossom in the spring, you’ll be happy to know that some of these goodies are vegan. Watch for announcements on their seasonal vegan choices—you won’t want to miss out!
Little Sippers: Vegan Treats for Tots
Ah, the joy of a Starbucks run with kids in tow. Kid-friendly vegan options like apple juice and dairy-free hot chocolate are available. Some stores even offer vegan-friendly snacks like fruit pouches. Just what you need to keep the kiddos happy and fueled!
Custom Brew: Hack Your Way to Vegan Delight
Welcome to the customization corner, where you get to be the chef! Love that Frappuccino, but hate that it’s not vegan. No worries. Just ask to swap out cow’s milk for almond, soy, or oat milk. Voila! You’ve ‘veganized’ a menu favorite.
Java Jargon: The Vegan Decoder Ring
Let’s demystify those fancy Starbucks terms. Ever wondered what a “Macchiato” is? It’s an espresso shot with a small amount of milk. Want it vegan? Ask for plant-based milk. How about a “Flat White”? It’s similar but with more milk. Again, plant-based options are your friend. Now, you can order like a pro!
The Thrifty Vegan: Great Taste, Small Spend
You don’t have to break the bank to enjoy vegan Starbucks. Go for a simple black coffee or iced tea, and maybe bring your vegan creamer. Pro tip: You can customize cheaper items to make them vegan while keeping costs low.
The Hidden Vegan Menu: Unearth Hidden Gems
This isn’t an official menu, but it might as well be! Did you know Starbucks oatmeal can be made vegan? Or that the Matcha powder is plant-based? There are always underrated items that don’t get the spotlight they deserve. Be adventurous and discover these hidden vegan treasures.
Your Starbucks, Your Kitchen: DIY Vegan Specials
Ah, the cozy comforts of Starbucks, right in your kitchen! You can channel your inner barista and whip up some vegan versions of popular Starbucks drinks and snacks. Let’s get to it!
- 1 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1-2 shots of espresso or ½ cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- Brew your espresso or coffee.
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan or in a microwave until hot but not boiling.
- Combine the hot milk, brewed coffee, and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until frothy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cold brew or chilled coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Vegan Blueberry Muffin
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones, then add the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Vegan Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A handful of mixed berries
- Mix the oats, coconut milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a jar.
- Close the jar and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir it and add the mixed berries on top.
Voila! You’ve just created some vegan Starbucks magic in your kitchen. Enjoy your culinary creations! ☕
Alright, so that’s the lowdown on vegan options at Starbucks. They have plenty of drinks for you, whether you’re a coffee lover, a tea devotee, or a fan of fruity beverages. And the best part? You can enjoy this guilt-free, knowing they’re all vegan!
Remember, there are a few things to avoid, like Java chips and protein powders. But with so many vegan-friendly options, you won’t even miss those. So what are you waiting for? Get yourself to Starbucks and try a vegan drink today!
Is Starbucks’ coffee itself vegan?
Yes, the regular black coffee, both iced and hot, is vegan. Just watch out for flavored syrups and added dairy.
What about the flavored syrups? Are they vegan?
Most flavored syrups are vegan, but it’s always best to ask your barista to be sure. Some seasonal syrups might contain dairy or other animal products.
Can I get a vegan Frappuccino?
You sure can! Just ask for plant-based milk and skip the whipped cream. Double-check on the syrup as well.
Is the pumpkin spice latte vegan?
Unfortunately, the pumpkin spice syrup contains condensed milk. So, it’s a no-go for vegans.
Are any food items at Starbucks vegan?
Absolutely! Options range from bagels and oatmeal to more intricate items like the Impossible Breakfast Sandwich (minus the egg and cheese).
Can I customize my drink to make it vegan?
Yes, customization is your best friend. Swap out dairy milk for plant-based options and ask your barista about vegan syrups and toppings.
Do I have to pay extra for plant-based milk?
In most locations, there is a small upcharge for plant-based milk. However, the extra cost is usually minimal.
How do I know which seasonal items are vegan?
Starbucks usually makes announcements about new seasonal items. However, your safest bet is to ask a knowledgeable barista or check the nutritional info online.
Can kids enjoy vegan options too?
Yes, indeed! From dairy-free hot chocolate to fruit pouches, there are plenty of vegan options to keep the little ones happy.
Can I enjoy a vegan Starbucks experience at home?
Absolutely, you can buy Starbucks’ plant-based coffee blends or try out various DIY recipes available online to mimic your favorite Starbucks drinks.