If you’re looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon, why not host a baking contest over FaceTime? This is a great activity for friends and family of all ages. Baking contests are easy to organize and are a lot of fun to participate in.
Join us as we walk you through the steps of hosting a baking contest over FaceTime. We’ll also provide tips on making your baking contest as fun and delicious as possible. Now, who’s ready to have some fun?
Video Calling and Its Benefits
If you’re looking for fun things to do, you should consider video calling your friends and family. Video calling is a great way to stay connected with loved ones, especially if you can’t be together in person. Additionally, video calling is a great activity for groups of all sizes.
There are many benefits to video calling, including:
- You can see each other’s faces and expressions.
- It’s easy to connect with people who live far away.
- You can have fun conversations and catch up on each other’s lives.
- Video call quality has improved dramatically over the years.
Video Calling Technology
FaceTime is a popular video calling app available on iPhones and iPads. FaceTime allows you to make high-quality video calls with your friends and family. Additionally, FaceTime is easy to use, and it’s free to download.
To start using FaceTime, simply open the app and sign in with your Apple ID. Once you’re signed in, you can add contacts and start making calls. To make a group call, tap the “add person” button and select up to 32 people to join the call.
Baking Contest Rules
Now that we’ve gone over how to set up a video call, it’s time to talk about how to make your baking contest fun, fair, and delicious. Here are a few rules to get you started:
- Each contestant must make one recipe.
- The recipes must be made from scratch. (No store-bought goods!)
- Contestants have one hour to bake their recipes.
- After the baking, each contestant will have two minutes to present their dish to the judges.
- The judges will decide the winner based on taste, presentation, and originality.
How To Host a Baking Contest Over FaceTime
Now that you know the rules, it’s time to learn how to host a baking contest over FaceTime. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
Step One: Choose a date and time for the contest.
Step Two: Send out invitations to your friends and family. Include the date, time, and list of ingredients each contestant will need.
Step Three: On the day of the contest, have each contestant set up their baking station and ingredient list so that everything is ready to go.
Step Four: Start the video call and let the fun begin!
Step Five: After everyone has finished baking, it’s time for the judging portion of the contest. Each contestant will have two minutes to present their dish and answer any questions from the judges.
The judges will then deliberate and choose a winner. Be sure to announce the contest’s results on social media so everyone can see who won.
Tips for Hosting a Successful Baking Contest
FaceTime is a fun, easy way to stay connected with friends and family. Following our simple guide, you can host a delicious baking contest that everyone will enjoy. Now that you know how to host a baking contest over FaceTime, here are a few tips to help you make your contest fun, fair, and delicious:
- Encourage creativity by allowing contestants to use any ingredients they want.
- Get the whole family involved by having everyone taste-test the dishes and vote for their favorites.
- Choose a theme for the contest. For example, you could have a “mystery ingredient” challenge where each contestant has to use one mystery ingredient in their dish.
Final Minute: Easy Winning Recipes
We’ve got you covered if you’re looking for some easy recipes to make for your baking contest. Here are two simple recipes that are sure to impress your judges:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup of butter softened
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of semisweet chocolate chips Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Gradually mix in the flour until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for about 11 minutes or until golden brown.
So what are you waiting for? Get your friends and family together and start baking. With these tips, you’re sure to have a blast. Happy cooking!