When the summer heat rolls around, it’s nice having a refreshing cocktail in your hands. However, while they can help you deal with the scorching temperatures, there’s also the worry of consuming too much alcohol, which can leave you intoxicated. So, if you’re looking for a way to enjoy a refreshing drink without alcohol, you may be interested in mocktails.
They taste the same as your favorite cocktails, But you don’t have to worry about getting intoxicated from drinking too much of them. With some tea bags and a few other ingredients, you’ll have the perfect beverage in no time. So if you’ve been dying to use the tea gifts you got from someone, now’s the ideal time to break them out and try these recipes.
1. G & T Mocktail (Ginger and Tea)
No, this isn’t like most establishments’ classic gin and tonic staple. But after making this mocktail, you may not revert to the old version. To get started, you’ll need a few ingredients such as:
- A tea bag consisting of herbs like ginger, lemon, and mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Boiled water
- Rosemary sprig
- Black pepper
- Lemon slice(s)
- Tonic water
Here’s how you create a G & T mocktail:
- Pour roughly 50ml of boiling water over the tea bag and have it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Next, remove the tea bag, and mix the brewed tea with honey until it’s dissolved.
- Then, add a generous amount of ice, the rosemary sprig, and lemon slices.
- Finally, top it off with tonic water (or lemonade if you have a sweet tooth) and add some black pepper for the finishing touches.
2. “Long Island Iced Tea”
Another drink that’s a fan favorite is long island iced tea. Its smooth and refreshing nature is perfect for the summer heat. But it’s also one of the more potent drinks out there. So if you want to avoid alcohol, here’s how you create the mocktail version. All you need is:
- Two tea bags with ginger, turmeric, and lemon
- A lemon slice
- A teaspoon of honey
- Soda water
Here’s what you do:
- Steep the tea bags in hot or cold water for three to ten minutes, depending on how strong you want the drink to be.
- Next, remove the tea bags and stir in the honey.
- Add half of the mixture to a glass and top up with soda water.
- Garnish with ice and a lemon slice.
3. White Tea Mojito
You can never go wrong with mojitos. The combination of mint, lime, club soda, and rum makes it one of the more refreshing drinks. However, you can still get that refreshing feeling with white tea instead of rum. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A jug
- White tea bags (white peony or sliver needle)
- Club soda
- A handful of mint
- Four tablespoons of lime juice
- Four teaspoons of sugar
To make it, follow these instructions:
- Let the tea bags brew in boiling water for about ten minutes.
- Next, after removing the tea bags, let the tea cool for a few minutes.
- Since you’ll be using a jug to make this mocktail, split the tea into four glasses.
- Then add ice and mix some mint, a tablespoon of lime juice, a splash of club soda, and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Sit back and enjoy.
4. Chamomile Sour
Whiskey sours are popular because of the well-balanced flavors included in the drink. But you can also get the same effect using chamomile tea. One thing to note is that this recipe takes a few hours because of the ingredients. This is what you’ll need for this mocktail:
- Chamomile tea bags
- 1/2 a lemon
- One teaspoon of honey
- 180ml of coconut water
Once you’ve gathered the ingredients, here’s what you do:
- Have the tea bags soak in the coconut water for about 4 hours—for a better experience, leave the coconut water in the fridge overnight.
- Next, remove the tea bags from the coconut water and combine them with the other ingredients in a glass jar or container.
- Then, give them a good shake and pour over some ice.
- Finally, garnish with some chamomile petals from another tea bag.
If you want extra sweetness, add simple syrup with the other ingredients before you shake them together.
Try These Mocktail Recipes During Your Next Summer Outing
Although it’s great to have an alcoholic beverage during the summer, sometimes it can keep you from enjoying the day. Instead of dealing with the impending fear of tomorrow’s hangover, recreate your favorite drink with the mocktail recipes above, especially if you’ve received any tea gifts lately.
Whether you want to reduce your alcohol use, live a healthier lifestyle, or have a taste for something different, these tea mocktail recipes are sure to get the job done. You’ll be able to enjoy yourself without the adverse side effects of alcohol. Try these recipes to find your new favorite drink during the summer, and you might even be inspired to give someone tea gifts.